Baseball Bats are essential for baseball games, and they are part of necessary baseball gear. There are different manufacturers and bat models for baseball bats.
Bat manufacturers include Marucci, DeMarini, Easton, etc. Bat models depend on the material for production, barrel diameter, bat length, drop weight, bat style, etc.
Different bats also suit various leagues and their standards. NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) is the regulating body for most baseball leagues.
Marucci is a leading manufacturer of baseball bats. Marucci dedicates resources to research to manufacture quality bats that satisfy the needs of the players. There are different types of Marucci bats, and they include;
- Marucci CAT series
- Marucci Posey 28 Pro Model
- Marucci Chase Utley Model
- Marucci Hex
Marucci CAT8 Review
The Marucci CAT series has the CAT5 as the first member and the CAT9 as the latest member of the series. Each Marucci release is an improvement of the former model. The Marucci CAT8 is an upgrade to the CAT7.
There are different members of the CAT8 series that suit the diverse needs of players.
Groups of Bats
The two groups of bats in this series are the BBCOr certified, and the USSSA approved bats. The USSSA sanctioned bats have similar properties but differ for drop weights and age groups.
Members of this series are;
Marucci CAT8 (-3) BBCOR Bat
The Marucci CAT8 (-3) BBCOR bat is a one-piece alloy bat.
- This material and style increase bat power and ball speed. Although one-piece bats cause stings from mishits, the knob of the bat features a second-generation AV2 anti-vibration ergonomic knob which reduces the stings and provides comfort.
- The bat also has a micro-perforated soft-touch grip which improves feel and a 2 5/8 Inches barrel diameter. This large diameter increases the sweet spot region on the bat, increases accuracy, and reduces mishits.
- This bat has a drop weight of 3 and is BBCOR certified. BBCOR bats are the bats for playing in NCAA leagues. This bat is very suitable for power hitters and players ages 14 and above.
You may be interested in BBCOR Bat review
Marucci CAT8 (-5) USSSA Senior League Bat
The Marucci CAT8 (-5) USSSA bat is a one-piece alloy bat.
- It utilizes the AZ105 alloy, which is a strong aluminum alloy in its manufacture.
- The bat is very durable, has thin barrel walls, and has a high response rate.
- The bat also has the second-generation AV2 anti-vibration knob, which reduces stings from mishits.
- The bat features a 2¾ inches barrel which increases the sweet spot size, and it is USSSA BPF 1.15 certified. Only USSSA-certified bats are the standard for play in USSSA leagues.
- The bat has a balanced swing weight with a drop weight of 5, making it suitable for improving swing in players.
- This bat is ideal for players between ages 11 and 13.
Marucci CAT8 (-8) USSSA Senior League Bat
The Marucci CAT8 (-8) USSSA bat has similar properties to the Marucci CAT8 (-5) bat.
- It has a drop weight of 8
- It is suitable for 12U and 13U players.
Marucci CAT8 (-10) USSSA Senior League Bat
The Marucci CAT8 (-10) bat is also similar to the Marucci CAT8 (-5) bat.
- This bat has a drop weight of 10, which makes it a light bat with fast speeds.
- This bat is suitable for contact hitters and youth big barrel players.
Marucci CAT8 Junior Big Barrel Bat
The Marucci CAT8 Junior Big Barrel Bat has similar properties to the Marucci CAT8 (-5) bat except for a drop weight of 10.
- This bat improves swing and is USSSA certified.
- This bat is suitable for players between the ages of 5 and 7.
You can check out the following articles for more information about baseball bats;
The Marucci CAT8 bats are very versatile and consider different player needs and age groups. The bats meet standards for other leagues, and they come with a 12-month warranty.
The bats are one-piece alloy bats with a unique anti-vibration knob that reduces stings and provide comfort. The Marucci CAT8 bats are very accurate, increase ball speeds and distance, and are suitable for both power and contact hitters.